Starting from Fall 2019, Dialogue Society will visit senior homes to engage the 65+ community in various fun activities and meaningful discourse.
About the Program
We are seeking enthusiastic students who want to gain outreach experience, build leadership and communication skills, and have a positive impact. Benefits and rewards upon successful completion of the program include:
- One quarter: Silver Certificate & Dialogue Society T-shirt
- Two quarters: Gold Certificate & Dialogue Society Merchandise
- Three quarters: Platinum Certificate, Graduation Cord, & Letter of Recommendation from our Faculty Advisor
Selected applicants will collaborate in a group to prepare activities for presentation to a senior living home at the end of the given quarter. The Dialogue Society outreach committee will guide and assist with all preparations and training. The requirements for successful completion of the program are:
- A minimum of one quarter commitment to the program.
- Participation in all three preparatory meetings in each quarter (~1 hour each, on campus).
- End-of-the-quarter participation in the visit to the senior living home (~2 hours total).
Because of this highly invaluable opportunity, we are accepting only a small number of volunteers at this time. If you are selected, we will contact you to set up an interview. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.