About the Program
Dialogue Society has partnered with EngAGE to visit the senior homes of LA to engage the 65+ community in various activities and meaningful discourse.
We are seeking enthusiastic students who want to gain outreach experience, build leadership and communication skills, and have a positive impact. Benefits and rewards upon successful completion of the program include:
- One quarter: Silver Certificate & Dialogue Society T-shirt
- Two quarters: Gold Certificate & Dialogue Society merchandise
- Three or more quarters: Platinum Certificate, Graduation Cord, & Potential Letter of Recommendation from our Faculty Advisor, Mitra Hooshmand, PhD.
Selected applicants will collaborate in groups to prepare activities, workshops, and/or events for presentation to senior living homes during the given quarter. The Dialogue Society board will guide and assist with all preparations and training. All activities will be conducted over Zoom until further notice. The requirements for successful completion of the program are:
- A minimum of one quarter commitment to the program.
- Active participation in all preparatory meetings in each quarter (~1 hour each over Zoom).
- Active participation in the outreach events with seniors (virtual sessions until further notice).
We are currently accepting only a small number of volunteers. If you are interested in joining, please fill out the application. If you are selected, we will contact you to set up an interview. Early applications are highly encouraged as interviews are held on a rolling basis. The application deadline for Fall 2021 is on Sunday, October 3 at 11:59 pm.